About Me

My photo
Film student attending San Diego State University. Focus on editing and/or producing. Ready to explore the world and what it has to offer me. Excited to share and start my life with my sailor. Blogging to look back on my life and relive the good and bad.

Friday, July 15, 2011

First Premiere Project

Janet + Mark
This whole week, I've been editing my first project for OmniStories using Adobe Premiere. I really miss Final Cut Pro. I'm all shortcuts with FCP, but with Premiere, I'm moving the mouse to the menu bar, looking for the proper action I need and clicking it. It's a frustrating process and I don't remember ever feeling this way with FCP, but then again, that was years ago. I'm getting used to it every time I use it, even using the blade and speed shortcut. I expressed my frustration on Twitter and got a surprising response back.
I didn't see it 'til a couple days later. I tweeted a couple minutes later realizing that the mistake was my own fault for pressing the track selection shortcut (A) instead of the selection tool (V).
Twitter is such an amazing thing. It allows companies to interact with their customers and directly reply to them like Adobe Premiere did with me. That simple response back made me feel like they really do want to help me out. An awesome marketing tool, it is.
As for my project, I'm not happy with the result. I honestly just put random clips together with the footage that was given to me. I was to edit the pictorials that include the bride and the groom but I only have footage of the groom, and not very good footage, I might add. The camera is very shaky and the content is not very elegant. I feel like my work is amateurish because of the footage and I'm dreading they will make of it. I'm only hoping they are testing me to see what I can do with what I have.
Btw, the Harry Potter movie was amazing. Not perfect, but amazing nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment